up to 10 hours per week
up to 10 hours per week
While there are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, it is very strongly recommended that you have completed a Certificate IV in Project Management or another relevant qualification; and/or that you have experience in a supervisory or managerial role in project management.
The following information will assist you in deciding if you are ready for study at this level:
- Are you working in a project management environment at a management level? Although assessment can be based on simulation, you are strongly encouraged to use work-based projects throughout your studies.
- Do you have literacy levels equivalent to a successful completion of year 12 English? Study will involve a range of reading comprehension activities, report writing, and conducting and analysing research. At this level your written communication needs to be of a professional standard in presentation, structure, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Do you have sound computer skills to access resources online, send and receive emails and use a range of MS Office programs?
- Do you have sound numeracy skills? One unit of competency will involve the development and management of budgets, and will require numeracy and IT skills for the purpose of analysing and calculating budget data.
- Do you have a range of study skills, self-motivation and reasonable independence to direct your study? You will need to foster self-discipline in organising your study time, so as to prioritise your workload to meet your assessment deadlines.
- Although functioning fairly independently in your learning, do you feel confident in contacting your teacher or other support staff when needed? Staff at TAFE are here to support you throughout your training.
Education City Drive
Springfield QLD 4304
100 Bridge Street
Toowoomba QLD 4350
It is essential that you have access to a reliable internet connection to access TAFE Queensland's online systems, and a computer with up-to-date software, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash Player. This equipment and software is available for students to use at a number of TAFE Queensland locations. You will also require a valid and appropriate email address for communication, and personal stationery (pens and paper).
Additionally, you may choose to purchase/obtain the below textbook (either e-book version or print textbook):
Title: Project Management in Practice
Author: Neil Pearson
Published: 2013 by McGraw Hill Education
This textbook can be purchased from the Queensland Textbook Warehouse at www.qtw.com.au, or from McGraw Hill Education at www.mheducation.com.au. Please note this text book is optional.
You are required to attend face-to-face classes one (1) evening and one (1) Online Rooms web-based session per week. The face-to-face classes will be delivered by the teacher at the Toowoomba Campus and Video-conferenced to the Springfield Campus. You are not required to attend campus for the Online Rooms web-based session, however it is essential that you have access to a reliable internet connection to participate in these sessions each week.
Please refer to the timetable for details regarding days, times and rooms. Please note that timetables are subject to change, and that timetables for future semesters may differ to the current schedule.
It is expected that for each hour of study attended in classes, a minimum of equivalent hours of study will be undertaken each week outside of classes to cover the theory component of this course. Additionally, when completing assessments and applying the practical application to projects, it may be necessary for this time commitment to increase.
This accelerated course is specifically designed for students in the Project Management field with access in their role to manage projects, to support the implementation of best practice in their current projects and fast-tracking this qualification.