Skip links and keyboard navigation

Site navigation


It's your responsibility to attend classes, vocational placement, and any other study related activity as part of your course as required and on time.

You're also responsible for advising teaching staff of any absence/s by contacting either your teacher or campus administration. It's a good idea to keep a record of your communication to the institute about your absence.

Your attendance will be monitored and recorded by the institute. If you are absent for medical reasons you may be required to provide a medical certificate.

If you are undertaking vocational placement you need to have attendance sheets signed off by your vocational placement employer and return them when you complete your placement.

Apprentices and Trainees

If you are an apprentice, trainee, or enrolled as part of the compulsory participation phase of schooling and will be absent you are required to:

  1. Contact us as soon as possible to advise us you are unable to attend
  2. Provide a medical certificate if the absence is due to sickness for any period of more than 3 days
  3. We are required to notify your employer or school of any absence from class so it is a good idea for you to speak with them as well.

If you receive disability support services such as sign language interpreting, you must advise Disability Support Services of any planned absence, and provide at least 48 hours' notice so that your interpreter/tutor can be advised.

International Students

For International students, the National Code of Practice for Registered Authorities and Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students requires institutes to have procedures to monitor the course progress of International students, and to ensure students complete their course in the expected duration. If you are an International student, your attendance will be recorded under Student Visa regulations, and unsatisfactory attendance will be reported to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC). Please contact your institute for further information and advice.